Our aims for writing:
We aim to develop children’s ability to produce well-structured, detailed writing in which the meaning is made.
Bt the time they leave our school we want our pupils to be able to:
- Write clearly, accurately and coherently,
- Adapt their language and style in and for a range of contexts, purposes and audiences
- Plan, revise and evaluate their writing. These aspects of writing have
- Organise ideas coherently for a reader
- Have an awareness of the audience, purpose and context
- Write with increasingly wide knowledge of vocabulary and grammar
- Write with fluent, legible and, eventually, speedy handwriting.
- Have a strong command of written language
Our writing curriculum is planned to give children a balanced range of opportunities to write in fiction, non-fiction and poetry. Grammar and spelling are taught during the week as part of the writing process.
Below you can see our writing Curriculum for year's Reception to Year 6 with further information on how writing is taught on the tab to the right