SEND - Special Educational Needs and Diasabilities
Mrs H. Singh is the SENCo (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) and Mrs H. Adamson is the SENCo support at Brimscombe CE Primary School.
Mrs Fiona Short is the governor with specific responsibility for SEND pupils.
If you have any concerns at all about your child, whether or not they have been identified as having SEND, then please speak to one of us as soon as possible.
What is SEND? (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities)
The 2014 Code of Practice says that:
A person has SEND if they have a learning difficulty or disability which calls for special educational provision to be made for him or her. At compulsory school age this means he or she has a significantly greater difficulty in learning than the majority of others the same age, or, has a disability which prevents or hinders him or her from making use of facilities of a kind generally provided for others of the same age in mainstream schools.
At Brimscombe CE Primary School we aim to:
- Identify, at the earliest possible opportunity, barriers to learning and participation for pupils with SEND.
- Ensure that every child experiences success in their learning and achieves to the highest possible standard.
- Enable all children to participate in lessons fully and effectively.
- Value and encourage the contribution of all children to the life of the school.
- Work in partnership with parents.
- Work closely with external support agencies, where appropriate, to support the need of individual pupils.
- Ensure that all staff have access to training and advice to support quality teaching and learning for all pupils.
How can I find out more?
Below is the link to the Brimscombe CE Primary School Local Offer/information report . It tells you in more detail how children with SEND are taught and will learn here.
Additionally, to find out about the Gloucestershire Local Authority committment to SEND click here.
SEND Policy and appendicies can be downloaded here - see below
There is further information for support for families at the Gloucestershire Families Information Service